Monday 22 September 2014

The multi-skilled journalist.


ABC’s Elaine Ford has explained to the QUT Online Journalism class that a journalist must be multi skilled and able to produce news over multiple formats. This means that a journalist must be skilled in written, spoken and visual work.

The wide array of necessary skills provides an exciting prospect as the work that I may be doing will change every hour. A lot of people look for a job that offers variety in the tasks that they have to complete, myself included. Elaine has explained and displayed how varied a journalist’s life may be.

A journalist's day could be as busy as three radio crosses in the morning, an updated story to be posted during the day, a radio feature in the afternoon and then a live cross to the nightly news.


 Intimidating, yes, but also enticing. Being able to break and share news across so many different formats is something that I see as very exciting. I consider myself very lucky to go to a university where I am taught all these skills that will be able to hopefully make me the best journalist possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment